Thursday, June 9, 2016

If I had five minutes of peace


If I had five minutes of peace,


I’d weep


For the intensity that defines every interaction with one of my children


For the peace that’s absent in our home


For the tears that wouldn’t come


for years


While I was entrenched in battles I hadn’t seen coming


Without the energy to fight the very battles I had anticipated being most invested in


For the loss of friendships


For friendship redefined


For the loss of myself.


For myself redefined


Through the weeping, Despair would dissipate as Hope made her entrance


Reminding me that through the battles


the pain


the loss


the grief


My Precious Children have exposed my Ugliest and my Worst


They've brought me to my knees


I am humbled.


grateful.


I will never be the same


This is a gift.

2 comments :

  1. Oh goodness girl. You hit that nail right on the head. THIS. So many days of THIS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very familiar are your words.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Get Polished